Trade shows hold a wealth of information for aspiring entrepreneurs. Franchise trade shows, in particular, are fantastic places for would-be franchisees to network, learn more about the franchise industry and make connections that lead them to their future business.
If you’re planning on attending a franchise trade show this year, it’s important to be prepared. These events can pass by quickly in a whirlwind, so you want to make the most of them while you can. Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your upcoming franchise trade show.
- Research ahead of time: Franchise trade shows are great because they bring hundreds of franchise business together in one location. Unfortunately, you won’t have enough time to explore them all during the event! Take time before the trade show to research industries and potential brands you’re most interested in based on your qualifications, interests and experience. It’s also a good idea to understand your budget to know which businesses are most accessible to you.
- Make lots of connections: During the event, networking should be your biggest priority. Be sure to meet with representatives from some of your top-choice brands but collect business cards and materials from as many people as you can. You never know where an opportunity might spring up! Outside of franchisors, use the trade show as an opportunity to meet other entrepreneurs and industry professionals, including lenders, legal representatives and others who might make great partners while you’re launching your business.
- Ask questions: Being face-to-face with industry professionals is the best time to ask questions about the industry or brands you’re interested in. It’s usually much easier to chat with someone in person than wait for an email reply, so ask your most pressing questions and broaden your knowledge base as much as possible.
- Step outside your comfort zone: Of course, franchise trade shows present the perfect opportunity to step outside the realm of comfort and explore new options. These shows hold endless opportunities—many of which you probably haven’t even considered! Spare some time to look into industries and business models that weren’t on your list, network and ask questions. You just might find the perfect opportunity for you, hidden among the aisles.
By taking every opportunity to learn, network and inquire at your next franchise trade show, you’ll put yourself one step closer to closing on and launching your next small business. Whether you choose a virtual show or a live event, get prepared to launch yourself to success!
Are you interested in attending a franchise-specific trade show this year but don’t know where to start? Two nation-wide shows are the Great American Franchise Show and The Franchise Show, with events scheduled throughout 2021.
- The Great American Franchise Show is holding both live and virtual events this year, giving you access to hundreds of franchisors as well as seminars and panels.
- The Franchise Show is presenting shows throughout the United States and Canada all throughout 2021.
Tenet Financial Group is attending both the Great American Franchise Show and The Franchise Show in 2021. Reach out to us to learn more about how we connect franchise candidates with funding for their new or existing business.