What is a business valuation?
A business valuation is the process of determining the economic value of a business, giving owners an objective estimate of the value of their company. The valuation process tells the owner what the current worth of their business is by analyzing all aspects of the business, including the company’s management, capital structure, future earnings, and the market value of its assets.
When do I need a valuation?
Typically, a business valuation happens when:
- An owner is looking to sell all or a part of their business, or merge with another company;
- If you need debt or equity to expand your business;
- If you need a more thorough tax analysis; or
- If you plan to add shareholders. In this case, the value of the shares would also need to be determined.
Businesses funded in part or in entirety using a 401(k)/Rollover funding strategy are required by the IRS to submit an annual stock valuation. Working with a qualified valuation provider ensures your valuation is handled accurately and in accordance with IRS regulations.
How do I proceed with TFG Valuation Services?
- If you have not previously used TFG Valuation Services, you’ll need to complete a Valuation Engagement Document. Please contact your Tenet Financial Group 401(k) Plan Administrator for details.
- Complete an annual Valuation Questionnaire with TFG Valuation Services. Please contact your 401(k) Plan Administrator for details.
- Upload your Corporate Financials (Balance Sheet and Income Statement) to Your Tenet Financial Group Portal.
- Once all of the above are completed, your credit card will be charged for your Valuation Report:
- Pricing is $499 if Corporate Financials are uploaded PRIOR TO June 30 each year
- Pricing is $599 if Corporate Financials are uploaded AFTER June 30 each year
To inquire about valuation services or with questions, contact TFG Valuation Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or (214) 216-2599.